- 1 cup quartered and thinly sliced unpeeled green, yellow and red apples
- 1 navel orange—quartered and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup apple juice, chilled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup apple brandy
- One 22-ounce bottle hard apple cider, chilled
- In a pitcher, combine the apples with the orange, apple juice, lemon juice and brandy. Just before serving, add the hard cider. Serve in tall glasses over ice.
In “A Delightful Day in Ellison Bay” Door County’s Arts and Culture Insider discusses her visit to Island Orchard Cider’s tasting room.
“I met Lou, who guided me through a tasting of four delicious hard ciders. They were refreshing and oh so different. I learned that all of their ciders are made with 100% Door County apples and pears. That’s a real Door County product!”
M Magazine journalist Jeanette Hurt, interviewed our own Bob Purman about our Normandy style ciders in a full-page feature titled “Cider Rising.”
Dry French cider, which has an alcohol content of 7 percent, isn’t like the sweeter alcoholic ciders produced or imported by beer giants, Instead of being hit by sugary sweetness and big bubbles, Island Orchard Cider is more refined, like a dry Sancerre wine perhaps.
In “Have a Taste of Island Orchard Cider”, Sally Slattery from the Peninsula Pulse commented about the atmosphere of our Ellison Bay Cider House.
The bare, modern space of the Ellison Bay cider house offers an atmosphere ideal for focusing on the tangy, lightly carbonated tastes swirling over your tongue.
Top Posts & Pages
Available throughout Wisconsin
Visit Our Tasting Room + Cider Pub
Door County Cider House
Ellison Bay, WI 54210
2017 Tasting Room + Cider Pub Hours
May 26 - October 30
Every Day: Noon to 6:00 pm
November 3 - December 16
Fri, Sat: Noon to 6:00 pm